S O S VERY EMERGENCY

S O S VERY EMERGENCY

Wednesday 15 September 2010

day 3- a picture of you and your friends

Today's book of note: Engleby by Sebastian Faulks. Now, Mr Faulks is generally acclaimed, we all know that. but to be honest, it's got to the point where you know his new one is going to be alreet, you know you're going to read it and will probably talk about it to your mum (just me?), and ... it's not that exciting. Not a harbdback purchase by any means. However, Engleby was a 'charity shop-50p-don't have a book in my bag and it's lunchtime and I'm bored' purchase ... and it was my favourite of his since Charlotte Gray. Complete deviation from the norm - it's set non-specifically in a period which feels like the 80s and could be counted as a thriller - it's definitely gripping in a way that most of his others aren't, and I pretty much couldn't put it down. 


Song for the day; from the album 'There Goes Rhymin Simon' and from the classic 'Coneheads'; in line with the '30 days of me' stuff below: Kodachrome by Paul Simon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZpaNJqF4po ... it always makes me properly bouncy happy - I sometimes get a little lump in my throat with how stupidly happy it makes me. 'Cause I'm a silly like that.


Yay ... I heart looking through old pictures of me and my friends. And new pictures. Even though I always look at myself and go 'urgh, you look rubbisshhhh'; but in most of them I look like I'm having a wicked time - there have been lots of laughs over the last few years. 


There are so many pictures that I want to upload, but this is the best one I can currently think of. This is me and my boys - they've been my boys for coming on 10 years, and this picture was only taken a few weeks ago - it's one of those that reminds you no matter how many things change for better or for worse, some things will always stay the same. The chap in the grey jumper is also responsible for me having made the move to this neck of the woods, which is the best thing I've ever done - he text me the lyrics to 'Me and You VS The World' by Spaced at 4 in the morning and the choice was made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNeiTmW-jo



No comments:

Post a Comment